Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Greg Wormald Greg Wormald is offline

Default Best mp3 player sound with Grados

In article , Rich
wrote:

Hello. I know very little about these players, I don't want to buy,
sell, audition a box full of them. I would like to ask (since this
group most likely knows this) which player (I don't care about video)
has the best quality sound and can it drive Grado's, say 80s without
an additional amp?
Thanks very much for your help here.

I know that the Ipods regularly win in the sound stakes---HOWEVER, my
impression of the Grado 80's is that they are best with a dedicated
headphone amp, otherwise they sound a bit 'flat'.
Do you already have a pair of 80's that you want to use? If not, and you
like the Grado sound, then I suspect that 60's would be better for Ipod
use.
I have 80's and prefer to use my Sennheiser CX-300 earbuds with my Ipod.
Greg