Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

Default HOW TO WIRE CAR SUBS/AMP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I AM TRYING TO HELP MY FRIEND PUT TOGETHER A CHEAP STEREO IN HIS CAR.
HE BOUGHT 2- 400W 10" DVC SUBS AND A 4 CHANEL 600W AMP. I MYSELF AM
NEW TO INSTALLING SUBS AND NEED SOME HELP.

QUESTION 1: THIS IS A DUMB ONE... IF THE SPEAKERS ARE DVC AND 4OHM,
DOES THAT MEAN THAT BOTH VOICE COILS ARE 4OHM'S EACH OR 4OHM'S TOTAL?

4 Ohms per voice coil

QUESTION 2: HIS DECK ONLY HAS ONE SET OF RCA OUTPUTS, YET HIS AMP HAS
INPUTS FOR EACH CHANEL. CAN WE USE AN RCA SPLITTER TO HOOK UP THE
OTHER CHANNELS?

Are you running the to the Subs only or to other speakers? If your doing
subs only on the amp then splitters is fine
Do you want the ability to fade from front to rear? If you want the fade
option and your hooking amp to other speakers.
The you would need and line level adapter so you can add another set of
RCA's.

If the amp is bridgable I would recommend bridging it to the subs and using
to power of the head unit to power factory location speakers

ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

MY EMAIL IS