Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger

Default LPs restoration

"Gigio" wrote in message

I'm going to work on a quite large collection of LP
(classical music) in order to put them on cd and dvd.
For each LP I'll make a 'restored' copy on (audio) cd and a 'natural' copy
at 24/96 in wav format on dvd.
For the A/D conversion I'm going to use my Prism Sound
AD- 2.

At the moment, however, I don't a LP player. Can you
suggest me a model?

What's your budget? ;-)

Rega and ProJect are good names of low-mid-priced hi fi phono equipment.

Technics still make direct drive turntables for the DJ market that aren't
too shabby. Shure cartridges are still good.

And is it an ordinary preamp (like
the Tascam MX-4) good or I need something different?

You need a preamp with RIAA equalization and a standard 47K ohm input
impedance for the typical MM cartridge.

Here's a source of a lot of RIAA preamps at just about any price level:

http://www.kabusa.com/index_pp.htm

Or, surf eBay for some classics. I picked up an APT/Holman that way.