Paul Stamler

"Simon Customer" wrote in message
ink.net...
I wasn't sure how to ask the question, but I'd like to know which of the
wind instruments can change pitch on a constant basis? To explain a

little
better, a trumpet tone can be maintained and the pitch changed by sliding.
Thus, one goes throughout the different notes without pressing keys.

Well,
how about the clarinet- can pitch be changed without changing keys?

Within some limits, yes, a clarinetist can keep the same fingering and
"bend" the note. Otherwise klezmer music as we know it would not be
possible. (And neither would "Rhapsody in Blue".)

Peace,
Paul