Svante

Default More cable questions!

Great post! ...but of course I'd still have a few more questions, see below:

(Bob-Stanton) wrote in message . com...
(Svante) wrote in message

Now we're talking, these were the nuts and bolts I wanted to see. I
don't know if I think that this is easier than the RLC implementation,
but I guess that would depend on the computer implementation that is
available. One thing in the above explanation that seems akward is
that it seems like you have to have a TABLE of the s-parameters for
each and every frequency? In the RLC model it is easy to calculate the
impedances for ANY frequency. Is there any method to CALCULATE the
S-parameters, rather than having a large table?

I'd still like an answer here... :-)

A circuit analysis program will have a set of rules that define the cable's
performance, at all frequencies.

What would these rules look like? They wouldn't be a table?

snip

So, transmission line theory agrees with dc calculations.

Yes, that seems watertight.