Scott Dorsey

Default Behringer Products

Peter L. Pollack wrote:
In article ,
says...
I've never tried behringer products except for a small mx802a mixer
which sounds fine for a mic as long as the input is XLR. However a lot
of employees at the nearby Guitar Center seem to have this thing about
behringer, and they strongly dont recommend anyone purchase their
stuff. I think that if someone really wants to do pro audio stuff, or
even set up a studio, but dont have much cash, then behringer is
perfect. The quality is not so abhorrant that it cant be tolerated. As
a matter of fact, the behringer mixer makes my PA sound BETTER.
Beggar's can't be choosers.

I mean think about it, you can get a 20-channel mixer with about 12
mic inputs for $300. You cant get ANY Mackie for that little.

How far we've come. It seems only yesterday that Mackie was getting
ripped on with regularity, and now it's become the standard that others
judge themselves decent by falling short of.

Hey, I remember when those cheapo MCI consoles were being ragged on for
having no headroom...

Oh, how low we have fallen.