Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

Default The Limits of the LP

In article ,
"Ruud Broens" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
: In article ,
: Steven Sullivan wrote:
:
: Jenn wrote:
: Sure. The ability to perfectly replicate the sound of an actual
: instrument requires perfect frequency matching, perfect timbre, super
: attention to detail (the ability to hear the bow on the string, for
: example), perfect dynamic nuance, and perfect spacial cues. That's
: just
: a start.
:
: But alas there's no evidence that modern recording can't capture all of
: those
: completely, except for spatial cues.
:
: I see what you mean. But I'm confident that in any reasonable test, I
: could tell the actual violin playing from any recording 100% of the
: time, and I think that more than just spatial cues must come into play.

I'd be interested to know what you'd think of the "best possible"
reproduction, something like a live feed from a pair of AKG CK62 capsules,
amplified and played through a Stax headphone set - how close a call
that is ? Maybe if you come around some studio in the near fu.. ?

Rudy

Thanks for the polite question. I can't imagine not being able to tell
the difference between anything coming out of a speaker and an actual
instrument.