Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default The Limits of the LP

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Clyde Slick said:

A Freudian (or should I say "Nousaineian") slip of Mr. Krueger's
pen :-) One does't do test to "confirm" one's beliefs, one
does them to find out whether a phenomenon is audible.

And if one's belief is that there is no difference,
the test is useless, because it is not
designed to remove that particular listener bias.

Krooger's "belief" is like the "belief" of christian fundies about
"God".... They "know" that "God is always with us". I think they use
"know"
instead of "believe" because they have an irrational amount of baggage
attached to what we know is just a belief.

Fundamentalist Christian beliefs ceratinly aren't knowledge,
we know that the Old Testament version of Creationsism
did not happen. Nor does Intelligent Design derive from
science, it is just another belief, a pathetic backpedaling from
Creationism. It is more pathetic than Creationsism, and
only demeans the who profess it, by
pointing out their hypocricy and lack of Christian Faith.
If one is going to be a Fundamentalist Bible thumping Chrisitian,
"at least" they should stick with the program.