Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.marketplace,rec.audio.tubes
WindsorFox WindsorFox is offline

Default [Fwd: FA: Pair McIntosh C8 Mono Preamp 12AX7 Tubes ExcellentC-8 300093857630]

John Byrns wrote:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/usenet_policy.html

That raises the question of what eBay considers "inappropriate or
violates the Usenet board policy"? From the wording of eBay's
"usenet_policy" it sounds like they don't have a blanket prohibition
against eBay related posts.

Regards,

John Byrns

Correct. It goes by the official charter of the particular group. In
the Mustang group a private owner can mention his car for sale. A dealer
can not. I can offer a set of headers for sale, Texas Mustang and Resto
can not. There are also general Usenet FAQs on the web that iterate what
is and is not appropriate. Also, keep in mind how many minimum wage
clerks on the other end of eBay's abuse address have even heard of
Usenet or know what it is. I called to report an outage to Cox and it
took 3 people before I found one that had the first clue what I was
talking about.