John Andreen

Default Clean Power?

Hey John,

Have you noticed that these long threads slowly but surely get distorted as
well? I have. Guess it is just another form of audio noise. The real
message and discussion just seems to get lost in the chaff.

But I for one really appreciate great debates, even if they drift off
center. They are good for all involved and really quite handy for
educating others as well as being educated by those same others. I admit
that I am sometimes amused by another views, but I will never laugh at or
demean another for asking a question. One can only learn if we pose
questions.

I noticed this thread has begun to show signs of attacking and sniping at
others for their opinions. mostly upon Pug Fugly and Mark Zarella. I for
one, find Mr Zarella a really good contributor to this NG. You too Pug
Fugly. Even Captain Howdy is rather good at stating an opinion and sticking
to it. I applaud and admire that. We all should. That scenario was kind
of like two people on either side of a curved wall. One says its a convex
wall. The other says it is concave. Who's right? Depends on your
perspective.

To those others reading this post sniping doesn't do any of us any good.
What it does do is to stifle those who really would like to ask a question
or voice an opinion for fear of retribution. Words can cut deeper than
even the sharpest of knives. And it is real easy to forget civility when
we hide behind a facade called the Internet.

Why am I posting this to JD you ask. It is because he has a lot to offer
this group and when he gets sniped at, his response is always civil. We
can learn much if we do as he does.

John Andreen