John Andreen

Default Clean Power?

Sorry, I did not mean to offend anyone. But the gentleman posted a link to
an article showing a 20 year old Pioneer home amplifier as proof that
Pioneer does make equipment that can stand the test of time. I only
rebuffed because it was a picture of a home amplifier. My apologies if I
have offended anyone.

John Andreen

Soundfreak03 wrote:

This NG is called rec.audio.car. Your picture is of a home amplifier.
Not
even close to the same environment. Car=harsh environment. Home=not
harsh environment. There is lots of good old home equipment available, I
find and sometimes buy it at the local good will stores.

I have owned Sony and
Pioneer amps way back in the late 70's, but fish paper PCB's do not hold
up
all that well in the long term. They all gave out and the cost to
diagnose and repair was prohibitive.

John,

Did you miss the topic? Reliability is one of the reasons to buy a more
expensive amp. Noone is arguing the point you are making. So why are you
making it?

Les