Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default PCM Stereo or DTS HELP

On 28/12/2015 6:29 PM, Trevor wrote:
On 28/12/2015 9:45 AM, geoff wrote:
On 27/12/2015 4:19 PM, Julian Macassey wrote:
I predict we will soon have 9.1, speakers added the way
razor manufacturers stack blades.

Yep, you soon trade one problem for another. I find it near impossible
to shave under my nose properly with those stupidly wide 5 blade razors.
And if the blades are too close together, they are impossible to clean.

Just "8" should do it for 360°. Add a ".1" if other speakers have little
bass. And another "1" for soundtrack to cope with soundtracks with a
centre channel.

Which is 9.1 just as he said. Centre channel only necessary in a wide
room, relative to listening position of course.

Yeah I can count too. I was getting back to what he said from the
theoretical bare necessity.

geoff