Posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod polymod is offline

Default Steinberg UR-RT4 Audio Interface

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message ...

On 6/6/2019 3:46 PM, Tobiah wrote:
I've had my eye on this guy: PreSonus Studio 1810

It seems to have all the right stuff for half the price.
I can't speak to the preamp quality compared to the Steinberg.

PreSonus gear is usually a good buy for the money, but that particular
Steinberg has some Rupert Neve mojo in the front end - transformers that
can be switched in or out. That's what doubles the price over a similar
model that has transformerless preamps.

I don't know if all of the current PreSonus USB interfaces do the odd
thing that a friend discovered with his Studio 192 Mobile when he was
setting levels to copy a batch of tapes to digital. When fed with a
steady low frequency sine wave, in this case a 100 Hz alignment tone on
the tape, the meters wander up and down. There's a "zero beat" frequency
where they're stable, and they move faster as you go to either side of
that frequency. This has no effect on the audio, it just looks weird.

I put up a YouTube video of it but can't seem to find it. It was
probably classified as hate speech and taken down.

This it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHHG9lzQYxc

Poly

---