Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default music ID recommendations?

I've had a little bit better luck tonight. Since many of the samples I
recorded were noisy (since they came from essentially a weak to fair
radio signal), I've had to apply a fair amount of noise reduction. Even
so, there's still artifacts here and there and since the station
broadcasts in USB (upper sideband), there's very little bass left.

So this is a "short wave" radio station?

Yes, on 10 Mhz shortwave, Upper Sideband. It's weak to begin with and
there's a Russian time station that just lies below it. Everytime the
Russian station transmits its time in morse, it almost swamps the
Italian time station on 10 Mhz. It's making it quite tough to extract
and ID the songs, although today I made significant progress for the
first time.

10.000 MHz is allocated to time stations.

Are you sure your station is on 10 MHz?

Or are you tuned to an image?