Posted to rec.audio.pro
David Grant David Grant is offline

Default Why use tubes instead of Solid State?

Maybe it's because most "music store staff" I know of here in Canada
are total dumbasses and won't let you listen to the equipment without
a severe look. (hear: If you try you BUY, else get out). I'd so love
to have all that equipment to use at will (please don't tell me to
rent them, it'll cost me a fortune). That way I'd know what I'd need.

Their policy may have changed, but last time I visited Long and Mcquade here
in Toronto I was told that I could return the product within 7 days (I
think... it might even have been 30) provided there's no damage to the
product. The clerk said he wouldn't care if my reason was because I didn't
like the colour of his tie, he'd refund 100%

Sounds like a free rental to me.

David