Scott Dorsey

In article znr1103594802k@trad, Mike Rivers wrote:
In article SzKxd.3300$tG3.3094@trnddc02 writes:

That's one reason I make a serious attempt at getting all of my
repairs on non-vintage equipment done by the manufacturer.
It's worth the freight... usually, nobody else does it better or
cheaper and replacement parts are always handy.

I guess they become "vintage" when the manufacturer tells you he can
no longer repair it because he doesn't have replacement parts. That's
the story of my growing pile of gear I'd never consider "vintage."

That would make most currently-manufactured MI gear "vintage."

I recently reviewed a microphone and sent the "manufacturer" back a copy of
the schematic which I had reverse-engineered. They were delighed, because
they didn't have a copy of it and really didn't know what was inside.

My REAL vintage gear is the stuff I can fix easiest because it doesn't
require any special parts.

Maybe. Tried to get wafer switches recently?