Posted to uk.rec.audio,alt.music.mp3,rec.audio.tech,alt.music.mp3.hardware
Gary Tait

Default External USB2.0 Drive Mp3 connected to a HiFi?

wrote in news:1147953860.328002.323640
@j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

HI,

I have a USB 2.0 external drive (2.5") having 80 GIG of Mp3. The
problem is that I still need to use my computer to listen the music. I
would like to be able to plug the USB drive directly on a HIFI,

without
using the computer.

I will have to buy anyway a new HIFI, a new LCD TV 26", a new CD
player, etc. I am ready to buy some new piece of equipment.

So If I can plug the external drive directly on a new kind of HIFI, or
can I buy a kind of USB2.0 HUB linked to a HIFI ?

Thanks.

Etienne.
Paris

There might be some stereo systems, but I have never seen such useable
USB ports in home systems (not that I've looked), just mobile systems.

Some DVD players might support USB mass storage and media cards.

LaCie (and I'm sure others do too) have multimedia HDDs, which to your
computer is a USB drive, and to your Hi-Fi a media device you can play
audio and video files from. You will use it to replace your 80 GB drive,
essentially.

On a similr vein is an HDD based Personal Media Player, such as iPod
(also to replace your USB2.0 HDD.