J_West

Ty Ford wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:05:33 -0400, Nate Najar wrote
(in article .com):

I haven't used this mic in awhile and i went to record a solo nylon
string gutiar track tonight and the mic wasn't working. Last time I
used it it performed correctly. I checked my cable and preamp and both
were fine. Running the c3000b into a mackie onyx board. The problem
is that mic has no gain. I had to turn the preamp trim up almost all
the way to get any signal and then of course there's noise all over the
place. Has this happened to anyone here before? What do you suppose
is theproblem and what's the best way to handle it? I've never really
liked the mic, but it's always been a usable mic- I guess if it's kaput
i'll replace it with something better. Anyway, any opinions/ideas?

Nate

It was facing in the proper direction, right?

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

I had to put a mark on the front of mine to remind me of the right
side. They look identical from both sides.

They do have a set of dip switches and one is a -3db cut. If the gain
is low that could have been changed.

Mine had a terrible radio freq. pickup problem. Had to wrap it in
tin-foil and then put black tape around it to hide the foil. That
solved the problem but it looked like hell. Looked better on Toms on
rock sessions, but I was never impressed with the sound.

J West