Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ross Matheson Ross Matheson is offline

Default Design for a small tube/valve mixer

"Ian Iveson" mentioned, inter alia, in
lueyonder.co.uk:

Nobody makes anything more complicated than they think is
necessary for their objectives. Nobody complicates for
complication's sake.

I'd just like to riff on this ... my first thought was in the vein of

"Yeah, Right!" complicating reference: http://www.tui.co.nz

You neglect the folk out there who follow "The Art Of War", &etc. ... maybe?

Politics, perhaps, but disinformation (not in this particular case, but in the
general) and misinformation, complications for complication's effects, etc. -
even in the world of sound, let alone politics;- I say that is disingenuous!

Well, if the objective is to complicate unnecessarily, even spread confusion?

Then indeed, somebody does. Or may, or might do. "Ho, hum ... "
--
Disclaimer: I don't drink Tui, and I know Ian doesn't drink at all.
The reference is to their "Yeah, Right" [Competition] billboards.

[Why is it that the worst beers have the best TV advertisements, here?]
[I was astonished to hear correct me? of limited USA liqour adverts?]

Personally, I suspect the hardline Russians, and maybe Chinese;=})

(I do drink a certain Chinese beer though sometimes. And meet Russians!)

Communist Friends? http://jrnyquist.com/
--
RdM (just a riff, for the sake of it;- with neutral ironic humour? Hmm...)