Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Tynan AgviŠr Tynan AgviŠr is offline

Default Design for a small tube/valve mixer

John Byrns wrote in
:

In article ,
Eeyore wrote:

John Byrns wrote:

"Ian Iveson" wrote:

I'd be interested to know exactly how you've arranged for
the pan pots

Too late, my second generation design has eliminated the pan pots,
replacing them with a Left-Center-Right switch for each channel as
in the transistor mixer Tynan gave as an example of the features he
desires.

That's not what he asked for though.

Yes it is, he provided the Wendt X4 as an example of the features he
would like in a tube mixer, the Wendt X4 uses three position "pan
switches", not pan pots. Of course Tynan could always explicitly
state that what he wants is pan pots.

Regards,

John Byrns

Mr. Byrns, I stated the overall features of the wendt as ideas(ie want
gain, but not necessarily pots or faders, want metering, but not
necessarily the same type as on the wendt..implementation is not my area
of expertise, I trust your intellect(all of you)and your ability to
implement the features that I want in the smartest way..smart in these
matters, I aint!)

I promise to read the thread again and post an explicit list tommorow so
as to not keep confusing anyone. (I am sorry for being a dolt, it is my
first experience with this sort of thing..ill get better, I promise) yall
please dont be too hard on me, ise just a boy.

of course reccomendations on implementation of said features would be
great as it helps me learn.