Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Iain Churches[_2_] Iain Churches[_2_] is offline

Default Design for a small tube/valve mixer

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Iain Churches wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote
Ian Thompson-Bell wrote:

I wasn't thinking of short throw faders, but proper P&G types.

I shudder to think of the cost of those now !

Indeed very expensive. Some old-style "quadrant" faders
would be appropriate if they could be found.

I'm not sure what you think they could offer other than an antique look.
I'd certainly not like to mix in 3dB steps or whatever it is they
provide.

Some were studded -2dB. Others had some kind of continuous
track. They needed to be cleaned often.

Plus aren't they mostly 600 ohm and therefore need further
buffering ?

200 or 600 Ohms as I recall. Some had illumination that
increased in brightness as you pushed the fader up.
How could one resist such a feature?

Iain