George

(EganMedia) wrote:

A client brought in a Firewire HD (and his own cable) and fried the firewire
port on my G4 last summer. Though he bought me a PCI firewire card, he never
*really* accepted responsibility. I forwarded him the weibetech post. Thanks
for posting it.

I find it astounding they accept having to replacethe 20$cable every
month,granted thier cable most likely would be abused more than mine
that only hooks and unhooks a few times each monh
but still that is a huge problem if the cableing is that suspect and if
you make a mistake about when to buy a new cable you will take out your
computer and possibly the fw device in the process