Alex Rodriguez

Default simple Power Supply design help needed

In article ,
says...
Hi, I'm building a power supply to run a 12vdc car stereo in my room.
The power amp is a 300w ADS Power Plate 300. At 12.5v I need a 24A
supply? This seems wrong somehow. I thought I'd use the xformer from
a surplus 12v battery charger with an LM317 but I have the feeling
something needs review here. I'd appreciate any observations others
may have. Thanks for your time, pm.

get your supply to put out around 14V and you can get by with less amps.
Check the documentation on the amp. It should specify what the working
voltage range is.
Alex