Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hoser1605 hoser1605 is offline

Default A product that if cloned well would be good

On Nov 25, 1:01*am, Bret L wrote:
http://www.toneimports.com/emt/tonearm.html

*The long banana EMT tone arm is a product that while I can not see
paying what they want for it, it IS a good product. I have heard them
but it was a while ago, a long while ago. Still, unlike the Koetsu
which if it were cheap would be left alone for its smelly performance,
the EMT arm and the square little cart that fits on it really are
pretty good. *The EMT pre on the other hand is not a particularly good
solution for playing modern standard RIAA *discs. It's terribly
complex and while it has its purpose in Europe dealing with archived
discs from a cornucopia of non-standards (most of which were never
used in the stereo era and which a modded Mac C-8 can do as well)
listening to modern vinyl releases isn't it.

WTF?