Nousaine

Default Measuring audio bandwidth

Eddie Runner wrote:

Nousaine wrote:

. Why not expand your measurment bandwidth so you can see real
standing wave effects?

I intentionally cut the osscilator off at 120Hz for these tests because alot
of folks were specificly talking about BASS below the normal xover frequncy.
I thought 120 was a fair average, some do it higher and some do it lower.

I didnt want to muddy up the facts with irrelevant facts...

Now you know that whatever effects that exist below 100 Hz will still be
visible. don't you?

What I mean is, if I had used higher frequencies it would give you something
to YAK about to help hide the fact that you were so wrong about
repositioning the box in a car. You have always said it makes no
difference which way the woofer box is oriented but now we all know you
are wrong...

I've said it makes no difference below the lowest modal frequency in the cabin.
You conveniently forget to include that part.

And nice try at splitting my post into smaller pieces so you can build more
strawman arguments.

When we move on into the subject of higher frequencies I will share
some graphs that show higher standing waves and the comb effects.

Tom, I dont know why you are acting like I am new to this..??
I have been taking measurements like this from cars for over 20 years,
(and the RF spectrum for 30 years)
in the early days audio with a meter and plotting a limited number of points
into a computer by hand so the computer could draw the graph for
storage. Not long after with RTAs and eventually with the LMS system
originally with thier DOS program but upgraded to the new windows version
just the other day...

Makes me wonder why you hadn't posted results before.