Eddie Runner

Default Actual tests - aiming woofer boxes

maybe the bugs round shape prevents such sharp reflections
that cancel.. I mean none of the panels are parallel to any others
so the standing wave cancelation is much less than if we have
straight walls like alot of cars... It kind of confirms my original
theory I think....

But even still, in EVERY CAR at nearly EVERY FREQUENCY
in the sweeps, the box aiming backward was LOUDER than the box
aiming forward... And dont forget Our buddy Tom Nouisaine has
always said IT WONT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE!!!
ha ha ha

I guess he is sucking hind tit now....
ha ha ha

Eddie Runner
ps, dont believe what you read in the stereo magazines, Tom mighta wrote it!
ha ha ha

Paul Vina wrote:

Wow, I would have thought the bug would have made a bigger difference that
the other cars. Your graphs on the Jetta confirmed my suspicions about my
wife's car. If the cutoff was higher it'd make a much bigger difference.

Paul Vina

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message
Paul,
Boundys OBVIOUSLY affect soundwaves... Thats a fact!
CARS have boundries ON ALL SIDES that are reletivly
(compared to bass wavelengths) close and WILL affect the sounds
to some extent no matter WHERE you put a woofer!

IN FACT, boundys and the relationship to the woofer is
EXACTLY what this whole discussion is about!!!!!!!!

Are you finally starting to see??? Haleluya!

Paul Vina wrote:

Here we go again!
People dont like the results of a test so they ALWAYS ask to
change the tests in the hope that the outcome comes out THEIR WAY!

Tha's not what I was getting at. I was just wondering if that might

have
skewed the results. I know it's impossible to control every aspect of

the
tests, but if we can eliminate something that's known to increase bass
output, like boudary or corner loading, it will give a truer result.
I have no problems with the results. I've seen some cars that change a

lot
and some that don't. Call me the devil's advocate.

Paul Vina