Mike Rivers

Default 16 bit vs 24 bit, 44.1khz vs 48 khz <-- please explain

In article writes:

You have to take it one step at a time and separate the issues. 2
samples is enough to reconstruct the wave plain and simple. Bob Stuart
and Tom Holman have talked about the possibility of better time axis
resolution as it pertains to differences between two or more channels,
not to be confused with time axis resolution meaning a more detailed
representation of the waveform, and we're not just talking about single
sine waves here.

I haven't given this any thought, so I'll just throw out the question
to ponder. Is it possible that time resolution between components of a
complex wave could be better with a higher sampler rate? Could the
phase relationship between the fundamental and, say, third harmonic of
a distorted guitar, be more accurately preserved at a higher sample
rate?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )