Carey Carlan

Default 16 bit vs 24 bit, 44.1khz vs 48 khz <-- please explain

Justin Ulysses Morse wrote in
m:

Carey Carlan wrote:
Carey wrote:
Is your argument that this higher precision is inaudible?

and your answer is "Yes". That's all I needed to know.

What? Where do you get that? I've written a novel or two explaining
why it's theoretically audible, even though in practice it will be
covered up by noise most of the time. To say my answer is "yes" is to
miss the point which I have over-articulated here.

I didn't miss the point. I read your mini-novel. To summarize down to one
phrase, your thesis is that I have very little chance of hearing it. That
translates to 'no' in my book.