Posted to rec.audio.pro,uk.rec.audio
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default LAME conversion to MP3

On 22/02/2020 4:30 am, Scott Dorsey wrote:
If I were you I'd try to do some processing to improve intelligibility rather
than worrying about fidelity. High pass everything below 200 Hz or so,
then low-pass everything above maybe 6KHz, and consider sticking a presence
boost in there. You might then consider an expander and fiddling with the
threshold on the expander to try and boost the voice out of the noise.

I think you are worried about entirely the wrong thing here.
--scott

Yes he seems to keep ignoring the fact the recording is lousy in the
first place and therefore worrying so much about MP3 settings is rather
pointless.