Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default 12" passive radiator replacement?

On 30/01/2020 1:55 pm, geoff wrote:

I ended up buying a 2.1 'sound-bar' for my lounge TV everyday use,
because the sound on the TV purchased to replace a dead one was so poor
I initially took it back thinking it faulty.

Seems that most TVs' native sound today is similar quality to a 3"
transistor radio of the 1970s - presumably in a cynical move to enforce
the purchase of extra gear, or a cop-out promoted by the apparent need
for TVs to have increasing shallow physical depth.

Bingo! They simply can't sell a flat screen TV with a big enough space
for proper speakers to locate. It is now well accepted that you will use
a separate speaker set up of some kind, and that's probably a good thing
IMO.

I stick TV/DVD/BR sound through my domestic stereo instead for any
'serious' watching/listening.

As do many people who don't have or want a full 5.1 or 7.1 HT set up.