The Stainless Steel Boob Orchestra

Default Question about Jupiter

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:51:58 +0100, Langis wrote:

It is, but the birthday dildo scene and the pub scene (where he yanks
the girl in the wheelchair out of the way to get to the table, then
shoves her back in when he's comfortable) put it on a magical plane
comedy rarely reaches, IMO. I've seen Brent's 'dance' far too many
times, but it's still wretchedly, horribly, scrotum-witheringly funny.

Agreed, agreed and agreed!

There are many fine moments, and I wish it would just run and run -
but I think they were right to axe it at it's peak before it could be
spoiled.

I felt no underpinning waning of the Merchant/Gervais enthusiasm for
the programme, but I must wistfully agree. Unless there were major new
avenues to explore with another, um, 'script', it's fair to say that
it had walked its particular wire. When the wire's *that* high up,
maybe it's good not to wear it too thin. :-)

There's a christmas special coming up though, that's the final outing
in the UK. [The American remake will be crap of course ;-)]

Two-parter, I think. Looking forward to it.

Thank you. Did you ever see Human Remains? It's out on DVD soon. I
*cried* with laughter at some of those scenes. You'll recognise his
wife from the Morris stuff.

Nope, missed that in it's entirety. If you're recommending it I'll
give it a look.

Oh, I recommend it very, very highly. It seems that it's already out.

Here a bit about what it's, um, about:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar...66601830.shtml

[Only joking about the drugs of course, folks. "Drugs is bad".]

Drugs are wonderful, folks. Give them to your children.

--
td