Bruce J. Richman

Default Question about Jupiter

trotsky wrote:

Bruce J. Richman wrote:

BTW, I don't think anybody's mentioned them yet, but I would put in a vote

for
the old Second City TV group - John Candy, Eugene L:evy, Martin Short

(Eddie
Grimley) and Joe Thomas (Count Floyd , Guy Caballero, etc.) - a great

comedic
ensemble. Among the esoterica in my collection is an LP featuring "Count
Floyd" doing his "realllly sceeeery" stufff , and also one of "Bob & Doug
McKenzie" doing their Great White North routine.

Do you have the Count Floyd EP where he sings "Reggae Christmas Eve in
Transylvania?" As an ensemble cast, SCTV was the funniest of all time
by a comfortable margin. I can't believe that stuff isn't available on
DVD. What would Gerry Todd say?

Yes, I have the Count Floyd EP you're describing. I was browsing on eBay one
day and just happened to see a "SCTV LP lot", including that, a Great White
North album, and the soundtrack from Strange Brew (also with the McKenzie
brothers) - I couldn't resist and gobbled it up for a few bucks.

Although I don't own them , I *have* seen videotapes of the SCTV episodes for
sale on eBay, so at least they are available in that format.

Agreed that the SCTV ensemble was often hysterically funny. Another bit of
favorite stuff re. SCTV I have is on a couple of CDs of Comic Relief concert
material. One contains Eugene Levy & John Candy doing the Shmenge Brothers
(Cabbage Rolls & Coffee Polka) - one of their classic TV bits with both wearing
liederhosen. And I also have a "job interview" in which Martin Short as Ed
Grimley ("I must say!") tries to compete with a Harvard MBA for an executive
position - and wins! Funny stuff.

Bruce J. Richman