Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Better FLAC player ? fast, good playlist, low cpu ?

On 07/05/2019 13:55, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 5/7/2019 3:52 AM, Trevor wrote:
I've been using Winamp for a couple of decades, and dragging files
into the play window is easy, then simply save as a playlist. You
don't have to play any of them if you don't want to. And once you
create a playlist you can edit it in a text editor if necessary.

I guess I've never looked that hard at Winamp, probably because I use
Winamp on my real computers and I don't really need a playlist there.
Where I want to make playlists is on my phone.

With care, playlists from Winamp for Windows can be used in Winamp for
Android.

I use this system with about 10,000 tracks in several hundred
directories and a few hundred playlists.

I don't think there's a real version of Winamp for Android. There are a
few out there that use Winamp in their name (on the Play Store) but
whenever I've tried one, it's always been something else.

looks innocent https://winamp.en.uptodown.com/android

The interface is slightly different, but it will accept Windows .m3u
playlists as long as the directory structures match. You need to tell
Android to permit installation of programs that are not in the store.

Say, store the playlists in Root music/playlists, and the music in
Root music/music.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.