Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Bit rate of youtube videos

There is a great deal of music content on youtube, including some full
albums or even multiple versions of same. Does anyone know the standard
bit rate for them, if there is such a thing.

Some on the web say it is proportional to the quality of the video file
encoding. So those labeled as "hd or hq" are the highest quality videos
and the bit rate for the audio follows accordingly. Some are labeled as
"audiophile" without mention of what it means.
Has anyone experience and/or information about this?

Far as I know, there is no standard. it is MP3 layer audio, though, I'm
reasonably sure of that, but I suspect that the bit rate at which sound
is encoded is determined largely by the software one uses to encode
these videos. Now, within that software, the user MIGHT be able to
choose an audio quality level, but it's my guess that most people just
use the default which could be as low as 32 kbps, IOW, lousy. OTOH, it
could be as high as 192 kbps which isn't bad (OPINION ALERT:don't expect
any MP3 encoded audio to be high fidelity. It isn't and can't be. END
OPINION).

Audio_Empire

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---