Posted to rec.music.gdead,rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.design
Trevor Trevor is offline

Default 24-bit on tap at Apple?

"Sergey Kubushyn" wrote in message
That does _NOT_ mean I personally cut my own LPs No, I do use CD as a
media for everyday listening and 24/96 digital files for archival
purposes.
But if there is a choice of getting some recording in either form I will
always choose vinyl as my primary source. Then I'll make 2 copies of it,
one
as 24/96 file and--oh horror!--another one as analog tape.

Wow, given the cost of R-R tape these days, and it's poor quality compared
to digital (I won't even mention how woefull cassettes are!) that is truly
amazing. But some people still think 78's are the only real media, so I
guess it takes all kinds. Anyone still claiming cylinders are the best I
wonder? :-)

And for the record I still have my Revox tape recorder, but I haven't even
turned it on in nearly a decade! (Wonder if it still works?)
My Thorens TT still works for copying old vinyl. Certainly wouldn't waste my
money on any new discs though.

Trevor.