Posted to rec.audio.pro
Romeo Rondeau Romeo Rondeau is offline

Default CD player not functioning properly

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
"Romeo Rondeau" wrote in message t...
Mike Rivers wrote:
gperkins151 wrote:
Does this mean my CD player will soon stop functioning?
Yes. **** breaks. And what really ****es you off is that when you
bought it it cost a lot of money and today you can replace it with
something that works and sounds better and costs 10% of what you paid
for the first one. But take heart. It will break sooner.

Buy a new DVD player for $29 and enjoy the versatility and crappy user
interface.

Man, our singer went and picked up a DVD player from Walmart that costs
under $30, we don't usually play music through our PA, but this on club
insists that we do it. Anyway, it has optical and coaxial S/PDIF
outputs, 6 analog outputs for 5.1 surround, component, super video and
composite outputs. How the hell can they make this stuff so cheap?
Anyway, since it's got a digital output, I ran it right into the coax
digital input on our live board and it sounded great.

Given today's CDs, I'm surprised it didn't clip the **** out of it. ;-)

Gonna be real hard to clip the **** out of a digital input, unless I'm
really doing something wrong :-)