Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Default Zoom H6

Marc Wielage:

I agree -- the Zoom would be a perfect small recorder for emergency
situations. But for serious music? Nope.

Well, sometimes the "TOY!"-factor is not obvious enough to some folks...
I actually like the idea behind the R16, but I´m very reluctant to buy
*anything* with the Zoom brand name on it - based on ca. 20 years of
experience with their typical "plastic" sound.

I don't think it'd be a terrible backup recorder if you fed it line level
from a real console and used real microphones placed in optimum positions.
But that's a lotta if's.

Far too many to make it worth the investment IMHO.

I notice Mr. Eickmeier is ignoring the suggestion to try a Sound Devices
recorder before he dismisses it. Sad.

There´s that kind of people, who prefer to ignore everything they don´t want
to hear/read. There´s nothing you can do about it...