Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Zoom H6

Gary Eickmeier wrote:
In my limited experience of late with spaced omni vs my new closer together
cardioids idea, the bass response improved dramatically (with the cardioids)
because it was more solidly placed and did not have multiple arrivals, as
Scott has mentioned.

Actually, a lot of it has to do with the fact that it's easy to make cheap
omnis with good low frequency response, and it's very very hard to make
cardioids with good low frequency response.

Don't believe ANY frequency response plots below about 200 Hz unless you
know exactly what chamber it was made in and with what reference.