Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn

Default The Limits of the LP

In article ,
Steven Sullivan wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:
In article ,
Steven Sullivan wrote:

Jenn wrote:
And yet, to my ears, the best LPs surpass CDs in their reproduction of
acoustic music.

That's too bad for you, given how much easier it is to find works on CD
than
LP these days.
But in any case, you do realize that this is all you'll ever be able to
say,
right? IT's the
answer you always end up giving, no matter how much about digital to
analog
is explained to
you. It's no sort of *rejoinder*, it's simply a statement of preference
that
says as much, or
more, about YOU as it does about the formats. If you think LPs sound
better
than their CD
counterparts, but still want to hear 'LP sound' on CD, I suggest you
carefully record your LPs
to CD. That way the euphonic distortions you're enjoying so much,a nd
which
are missing on
well-made digital recordings, will be rendered in an exremely faithful,
yet
far more
convenient and damage-proof, format.

I hope you sneered as you wrote that. I don't remember you being such a
bully-boy. Maybe there's something about Jenn that encourages your
brutal propensities.

*You* hope I sneered, but *I'm* the brutal one? Amazing. It's like you guys
don't
even read what you write sometimes.

As for Jenn, she's been posting her 'it doesn't matter what you say, I HEAR
IT' non-argument
for months on rahe.

OK, you win. I now "know" that CDs sound better, so I'll just ignore
what my ears tell me, since that's a "non-argument". I'm sure that my
ears will now agree that CDs sound better, since I have been told that
they do. My enjoyment of hi-fi in my home will no doubt now increase.