Arny Krueger

Default Mixing console

"George Gleason" wrote in message

and when it hits you have to reduce all your trims screwing up your
monitor mixes(assuming monitor from house in a live rig)

Changing the trims the same amount will scale down the monitor
mixes. I guess one could quickly compensate by upping the gain on
the aux send masters.

Musicians do not appreciate the volume swinging up and down on their
monitors this would not be a issue with a separate monitor desk
but your board tape still gets f*cked

It strikes me that in most applications you'd reset the trims a very small
number of times, and if you read this thread and anticipated the problem,
you'd set them appropriately from the onset.

As far as board tapes getting screwed up, it would be corrected
systematically when I upped the aux send masters, or dynamically when I
monitored record levels during the show. If the *tape* was digital I'd just
end up with a little more headroom.

;-)