Michael Drainer

Default Mixing console

I think you'll finde the Allen & Heath MixWizard is a much better pick than
either of the two you are currently investigating.

http://www.allen-heath.co.uk/wz162dx.asp

Nice tight pots good pre-amps with direct out and inserts on every channel.
(great if you want to multi-track). 4 band EQ with HPF and 100mm faders.

"Didier Morel" wrote in message
om...
Hi,
I am hesitating between two mixing console:

Mackie VLZ 1642 Pro
Soundcraft M12

I have carefully read the specs and they both seem to be able to do
what I want them to (plug it into a Motu 828, use it with TL Audio
compressors and Drawmer DS201, in a homestudio configuration and on
small live venues with strings quartet and accoustic/electronic
instruments).
I know the Mackie a bit but there is no way for me to test the
Soundcraft. Has anyone tested both ? How do you feel about these two
consoles. I know that there are other brands like Allen & Heath, Midas
or Crest (forget about Berhinger) but there not easy to get were I
live and more expensive.

So what I'm really asking is the advice of someone who has really used
these two consoles. How do they behave compared on to the other. The
soundcraft is a bit cheaper, is it only a question of different
configuration or the quality is really lower ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
didier.