Pug Fugley

Default speaker protection

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
.. .
Well..if you want to send a dirty, clipped, distorted, raw DC signal to

speaker, a Zapco amp is the LAST amp you want to use. Zapco has to be

the
cleanest power on the planet

No offense, but...what a crock.

First, if your amp is delivering DC to your speaker, then the amp is
broken. Even if you're driving the amp substantially into clipping
causing your waveform to resemble a square wave as you've stated, there
is not a DC component in the signal. If your meter is reading DC, it's
time to send your amplifier in to service.

Second, amplifiers are no more or less likely to be driven into clipping
if they're Zapcos or Jensens. If you're saturated, you're saturated.
I fail to see how the name on the front is going to prevent saturation
to any noticeable degree. I think you're probably confusing noise and
saturation, two very different and unrelated quantities.

Uhhh...yeah. So an amp driven into clipping will never blow a speaker? I
don't think so.