Jay Stranahan

Default Installing tweeters on 2-ways

I have a pair of Blaupunkt 5.25" 2-ways up front in my Ford Ranger, and
love how they sound with my new head unit, but as I'm sure you're all
aware, you just can't stop tinkering....

What I'm wondering is, if I get a pair of aftermarket tweeters with
crossovers, is it possible to hook them up to my existing speakers and
turn them into components? They would be running off the amp in the head
unit, and at 26 watts/channel I feel that should be plenty. Putting the
speakers in originally was a 5-minute job with the kit from Crutchfield.
How would I go about hooking a pair of tweeters up to the Crutchfield
prefab wiring harness? Is this a fool's errand? Should I just go pick up
a pair of Blaupunkt component speakers off EBay and give away my 2-ways?