gregg

mick wrote:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:41:57 -0500, gregg wrote:

snip

Do these wireless systems degrade the sound quality a lot? I'm not an
audiophile and I don't need a primo system. But it would be nice if the
sound was decent.

Can I offer an alternative idea? Decent speaker cable is relatively thick
and can be quite difficult to hide. If you use 100v line transformers at
both ends of each speaker lead, so that the signal is high voltage, low
current, then you can use much thinner cable which you may be able to hide
more easily. The sound quality could well be better than an RF system and
much cheaper to implement.

Very interesting idea, Mick. Many thanks.

Gregg

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm