Logan Shaw

Mack wrote:
With newsgroup members knowing that I can't sing, which microphone
will best enhance my lack luster voice? The SM58 or Beta58?

I don't know that either will enhance your voice, but one of them
might complement it better than the other.

The deal is, though, it all depends on your voice. One mic might
sound great on one person and fairly bad on another, while another
mic might sound bad on the first person and great on the second.

It's kind of like clothing, actually. You can't post to a fashion
newsgroup[1] and ask, "Can anyone recommend a suit and tie for me
that will make me look really good?" You have to go try them on
and look in the mirror. Until you do that, you won't know what
looks good on you and what doesn't.

So, my best advice is get a list of microphones that are in your
price range and then go try them out and listen to them (maybe
with headphones) and see what you think.

- Logan

[1] assuming one exists; I'm not sure I want to know, though, if
it does...