Engineer

Default Newbie question re impedance matching

"Kevin" wrote in message
. rogers.com...

Great minds think alike Roger.

Ah... thanks, Kevin.

What industry do you work in?

Engineering - we make process sensors for the steel rolling and mining
industries worldwide. Electronics, electro-optics and DSP are the
core technologies.

PS: I'm in Ottawa and I like your politics.

Thanks again. So, how do we get rid of the Li(e)berals?

Cheers,

Roger

"Engineer" wrote in message

"Kevin Murray" wrote in

message

able.rogers.com...
Not to discourage you from experimenting either, but my

recommendation would
be to wire two 8 ohm speakers in parallel and connect them

across
the output
of your amp. This would allow you to reach your amp's full

output
and also
increase your volume ouput. Of course if you don't have a second

speaker
then my advice is useless.

IMHO, still good! This is clearly the best solution. There are

lots
of cheap 8 ohm speakers around, even free ones - you might find a

4 or
6 inch one - better than your 3 incher.

Cheers,

Roger
------
Roger Jones, P.Eng.
Thornhill, Ontario
Canada

"Friends don't let friends vote Liberal"

(snip)