Kevin

Default Newbie question re impedance matching

Great minds think alike Roger. What industry do you work in?

PS: I'm in Ottawa and I like your politics.

"Engineer" wrote in message

"Kevin Murray" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Not to discourage you from experimenting either, but my

recommendation would
be to wire two 8 ohm speakers in parallel and connect them across

the output
of your amp. This would allow you to reach your amp's full output

and also
increase your volume ouput. Of course if you don't have a second

speaker
then my advice is useless.

IMHO, still good! This is clearly the best solution. There are lots
of cheap 8 ohm speakers around, even free ones - you might find a 4 or
6 inch one - better than your 3 incher.

Cheers,

Roger
------
Roger Jones, P.Eng.
Thornhill, Ontario
Canada

"Friends don't let friends vote Liberal"

(snip)