elfa

Default Newbie question re impedance matching

In article . net, henryf
says...

elfa wrote:

Now....can you tell me about the number of winds needed? To experiment, I need
to start somewhere.

If you feel lucky, you could start with 50 turns for the
primary and 70 turns for the secondary. However, I won't
guarantee your satisfaction with the result.

In my opinion, you should reconsider the suggestions that
don't involve an impedance-matching transformer.

Have you tried using headphones jacked into your radios, and
do they sound OK?

Thanks for the suggestion re number of turns. As for headphones, that's a
'given'. My challenge is speakers.

elfa