Eza Gadson

Default Audio Research for ProAcs?

For sound that can crush new super high $$$ equipment but won't crush
your bank account, try a VT130SE with Svet KT-88s and an LS-5 MK II or
(even better) MK III. This combo will give you 90%ish of SOTA reference
quality for under $6000.

Santos L Halper wrote:
Howdy-
I've heard that Audio Research tube amps pair well with ProAc
speakers. I have a pair of Response 2.5 and I'm thinking about
picking up some secondhand AR amps to drive them. I'm not
looking to spend a whole boatload of money, and was mainly
considering the less expensive or older AR products. One
combination that would be in my price range would be the
LS-7 and VT-60 - anyone heard this combo with ProAcs?
Opinions on other AR combos or similar competing products
very welcome.

thanks for your time,
Santos