Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] daveallston@rogers.com is offline

Default Question - how to hook up telephone through stereo?

Hello
I have a question that I'm desperately searching an answer for. I am
wondering if it is possible (I'm pretty sure it is) to hook up the
telephone through my stereo (or even the computer). I have a group
meeting to host at my place, and would like to have a friend who will
be calling in via phone participate. But I want to avoid having to use
speakerphone, since speakerphone is always crappy sounding/distorted,
etc.

I know in the past i messed around a bit with wires and what not, and
was able to run my phone through my little tabletop tape/cd stereo. The
sound was awesome.

I'd like to do this again, and would like some on advice on what i
might need to buy to make it happen. Or if its possible to hook the
phone up through the computer, so the audio runs through my computer
speakers (and I guess then I could hook up some mics to send the audio
out).... would that work?

Any advice on the best/easiest way I can do this to achieve the best
possible sound is much appreciated. Thanks!!
Dave Allston